The day is done, and the darkness
Falls from the wings of Night,
As a feather is wafted downward
From an eagle in his flight.
And the night shall be filled with music
And the cares, that infest the day,
Shall fold their tents, like the Arabs,
And as silently steal away.
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Highly recommend Michael Buble’s “Feeling Good”, when the day is done and you feel down.
Dragonfly out in the sun you know what I mean, don’t you know
Butterflies all havin’ fun you know what I mean
Sleep in peace when the day is done, thats what I mean
And this old world is a new world
And a bold world
Its a new dawn, its a new day and I’m feeling good.
Nick Drake’s “Day is Done”
Tim Croce’s “Time in a Bottle”
If I could save time in a bottle
The first thing that I’d like to do
Is to save every day till eternity passes away
Just to spend them with you
But there never seems to be enough time
To do the things you want to do, once you find them
I’ve looked around enough to know
That you’re the one I want to go through time with
How do you approach the night? Exhausted or exhilarated that tomorrow’s a brand new day? Plan your nights or let it slip away?
“We are what we repeatedly do, excellence than is not an act, but a habit.” Aristotle
- Do you have a ritual after work? Or plonk yourself in front of the television? Watching a movie is not a bad idea, but try not to just flip through the channels.
- Carve out some time to learn and grow, feed your creative soul?
- 15 mins to doodle and draw?
- Ask reflective questions and journal?
1. In what ways did I learn and grow today?
2. How have I made a difference in another person’s life?
3. What will I do differently tomorrow?
- Take a Walk? The Singapore Night Festival 2014 is here and over the next 2 weekends, visits to the 3 Museums are free from 9pm to 2am. There’s live music, performances and lots of people-watching.
Catch the Divine Trees by Clement Briend. The illusions are created by using a light projector. What a way to enjoy the cool night in safe Singapore and forget the cares of the day.